Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School Shopping and Other Insanity

Getting our kids primed for edifice is ever an ordeal, involving life of preparation. For starters, there's the clothes-buying conception of it, which is rattling wrinkled if you are the parent of a teenager, as I hap to be. Here's a distribution of a past conversation I had with my son:

"We hit to intend you whatever newborn clothes for school."

"Why? I don't requirement some newborn clothes."

"Don't you poverty newborn jeans for school?"

"No."

We were in Costco at the time, and I yet persuaded him to accept a unify of considerably-discounted Lucky jeans, which institute souvenir with him when he proven them on at home. So that was the extent of our clothes-buying.

And then there was the meal issue. We continuing along the aisles at Costco, snagging meal meat; bread; snacks; Vitamin Water. After all, I poverty my son to actually take his lunch. He can't deal every of it with his friends.

And then there was the edifice supplies issue. Before I go some further, I poverty to name an article I meet feature that status me. Associated Press's article "Strapped Shoppers Put Pens, Pencils on Layaway" is superior news of the lineage the ceding is swing on parents everywhere, specially when we're effort our kids primed for school. I hit referenced this article below, and I propose you analyse it discover if and when you hit the time. It is sorrowful to me that anyone would hit to place edifice supplies on layaway. I empathize with these parents, as someone who has been similarly leveled by the recession, and I wish they encounter comfort soon. (And me, too.)


No comments:

Post a Comment