Saturday, August 1, 2009

Using Technology to Protect Your Children

Internet and IPhone Options Could HelpIt seems meet same yesterday that I was rocking my youngest girl and activity peek-a-boo with her. But the actuality is she fresh famous her ordinal birthday, and my child is ontogeny up. Everyday, she becomes more and more independent, and I impact to see to permit go (a little) while  she learns in her possess way.

I'll adjudge that's thickened for me to do sometimes, because I poverty to be there to protect her from horrible things. No concern how hornlike I try, sometimes it's not feat to impact in our favor.

Today was an black reminder that I cannot ever protect my baby. She walked in the face door, dropped her backpack, tardily walked toward me, and then plopped downbound on my lap. "Mommy," she said, "why would my someone call me a B?"

At first, I was puzzled. "B...B...?" And then it impact me, "Oh, you stingy the articulate that rhymes with witch?"

"Yes, that's the one."

My eyes began to behave with tears as she repeatedly nodded her nous up and down.

I proven to calmly discourse her. "Who said this to you? What happened?" And I was astonied to see that it was the lowercase pupil downbound the street. She explained that he got provoked with her, because she took likewise daylong to provide backwards his behave on the bus.

She looked up at me with her bounteous chromatic eyes and said, "It prefabricated me see bad." My hunch melted, my child was in pain, and I was disagreeable to attain it better.

As parents, we're constantly disagreeable to protect our kids from the unknown, but sometimes it's what's correct downbound the street that we impact to be worried about.

Last week, my economise unconcealed Offender Locator Lite, which is a liberated iPhone Application to support us protect our children by uncovering qualified stimulate offenders. Offender Locator Lite limits see results to threesome offenders, and directs you to acquire the flooded edition for $1.99 for added information. If you don't impact an iPhone, you crapper also analyse discover the National Sex Offender registry online for free. I did the search, and institute digit offenders in my community (neither of these men were traded in the liberated Offender Locator Lite version.)

National Sex Offender Registry

http:/! /www.fam ilywatchdog.us/Default.asp

Remember, you staleness admittance iTunes to download iPhone Applications.


No comments:

Post a Comment